Friday, December 15, 2006

Impatient Irma

6.5 weeks left and I'm so ready I can't stand it. I never thought I'd be that impatient, uncomfortable, whale of a lady who felt like they couldn't stand it another day. I feel like I've been pretty easygoing throughout this whole deal, but now, I can't take it. I want to own my body again and no longer sublease it to this little one. I want to meet it! I want to put all of the cute outfits on it and kiss & love on it. I want to change diapers! I'd rather have lack of sleep because my little on is hungry! Not because my hips hurt or I'm having an atrocious leg cramp or because I can't roll over without my pubic (yes, pubic) bone hurting.

I hate to complain. Actually, I sort of like it, because this is the only time in my life I will be able to complain without people thinking I'm a total pain in the ass. And it's happened to me overnight. Last week I was carefree and comfortable and this week, I just want it to be over. My back hurts because my boobs are 48lb bowling balls! I don't, however, have the dreaded lower back pain (hopefully it won't come later) and I attribute that solely to Pilates (it has been working!!). I need back rubs. I need sleep. I need to be carried everywhere. Anyone have a wheelbarrow hubby can haul me around in? I need a reclining wheelchair to put the feet up on at all times. I want the baby to drop its little bod down low so that momma can breathe! So my ribs don't feel like they are in my throat.

Does pregnancy sound horrendous to you yet? Well, it should. Just kidding, folks. If 6 or 7 weeks of being uncomfortable and exhausted is all I have to worry about, then I'm all good. I suppose I could have been violently ill, swollen and puffy, vericose-veined, hemorrhoids, constipated, and then some. Ok, I'm starting to feel a little better about things. Slightly. Mostly, I'm just feeling sorry for myself. I'd like the husband to try and do this! I politely tell him to shut his piehole when he complains of being tired or sore. He has no business talking about it until he's waddled through life with an extra person in his belly. He may never be able to talk about it again, frankly. I might not let him - I might not ever feel sorry for him again.

In any case...little Baby needs to hurry up. I know it will come when it comes...but I wouldn't complain if it were just a few days early. :) Love & hugs to you all!

No comments: