Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sex and Cupcakes. Not at the same time.

So, a few weeks ago, I was making cupcakes for a friend's baby shower and Jack was "helping". He really enjoys cooking with me - I hold him in one arm and stir with the other and he usually gets to sample the goods. On this particular day, it was the mixer and he was loving a little smidge of batter here and there. My mom would probably say, "you'll get worms!" (I think that was really just a ploy to get us out of the kitchen so we'd get out of the goodies), but I figured a little couldn't hurt. A little for the cupcakes, a little for Jack, a little for me. SO. I went to answer the phone or something and before I knew it, there he was:
I can't remember why he's not wearing pants - probably another escapade into the dog dish. Oddly enough, I couldn't find the cupcake. I was expecting to find it stuck in the couch cushions or thrown down the stairs with the rest of the toys, but no. He threw it away. :) Either he was hiding the evidence or just wanted to be helpful. Probably the former.

So, anyway. Today. SATC. My sister is coming over early for cocktails and I can't wait. I have a sitter, hubby is out of town coaching - it's perfect. I'm even thinking of doing something really lame and going to Hobby Lobby over my lunch hour to find some hideous flower to make a giant pin out of - an homage to Carrie B., if you will. This is the biggest date I've had in ages!

P.S. This is another post that took me 3 weeks to publish. Oops.

No comments: