Tuesday, February 03, 2009

There has to be some way that I could slip, hit my head on the toilet, and as the flux capacitor forms on my head, I will discover time travel, buy a Delorean, and hit up Doc Brown for some plutonium. Maybe I just need to freeze time for moments like this morning at 6:30 when I brought Jack into our bed and he said, "lay on mommy's tummy", and conked right back out. These are not picture moments, but things that I want engraved in my memory forever. How can he be almost two? When we go places now, he wants to walk as we go inside and it breaks my heart. I thought surely I could carry him forever?

I am proud to report, though, that he has pottied four times on the pot. Before, he would sit for awhile, read a book, and then want to wipe. Now he has actually told me he has to go, and he goes! He loves the book about learning to potty and is enthralled by "big boy pants". My only fear is that he will be the boy peeing in a flower pot at the babysitter's or in the fish tank at my parent's - so for now, we are just sitting. Just imagining my child's "no butt" butt in a pair of Handy Manny underwear makes me laugh.

Our cruise was so fun for us. Hubby and I both loved watching Jack run through the water and build his sand castles. He runs with his arms back like he is prepared to take flight. He was so proud to sleep in his big boy bed that came down from the ceiling (I am embarassed to say it's my fault he fell off one night and landed on top of me). He slept like a charm. Why can't he do that at home? He ran and ran and ran...I don't believe we got one minute of r&r. No matter how much I love my son, there's something to be said for a vacation without kids.





He still remains obsessed with football (and most sports) and loves to yell "touchdown!" - mostly so I will tickle his armpits - but he gets so excited. "Fumble!" he will yell if he drops something and sometimes it's just a random, "interception!" My little baby Jayhawk...who loves for me to sing the Alma Mater and Rock Chalk chant each night before bed. I think Mangino needs to know he has a future superstar on his hands...

No comments: