Jack is potty training. It's going fairly well, I think. I don't think I'm a parent who can knock it all out in one weekend like some apparently can. We're getting there. I think in a few weeks, we'll be good to go. Jack has already picked out big boy undies with "Cars" on them. We haven't opened them yet, but I think we're getting closer. Diapers have been eliminated. He gets it - mini marshmallows come with a successful trip to the potty and he is quick to remind me if I forget. So, he'll have dry pants but rotten teeth, I guess. He hasn't gotten great about telling us yet, but he will. I simply refuse to have two children in diapers.
Speaking of two children, tomorrow will mean exactly three months until my due date. Seems forever. Seems short. I'm ridiculously ready. I've never been so impatient. Mostly because I know what's coming. I can't wait. Some of it because I hate trying to figure out how to make myself look presentable every day. Everything is ugly. I need to feel like myself again in body and mind! I do have a long list of chores to finish before the bundle arrives, so I need to get on it, pronto. The day will be here before I know it and I'll wonder where the time went and why I didn't get any of it done.
Attached are some new pictures of Jack Jack...at a birthday party, and on Father's Day in the firetruck Uncle J brought to the festivities due to his untimely shift. The final picture is probably one of my favorite I've ever taken of him, so I'll leave you with that. What a handsome devil!



No comments:
Post a Comment